Meatless Ground, by Yves® Veggie Cuisine, is a vegan product that resembles cooked ground beef.
With excellent texture, color and taste, Meatless Ground soy protein pieces are a superb option for recipes requiring ground beef.
When we prepared chili with 2 pouches of Meatless Ground, not a single person guessed they were not eating beef. See our VEGETARIAN CHILI RECIPE below.
We purchased a 2.75 pound box of Meatless Ground in the health-food section of our grocer’s freezer, near Amy’s brand of natural food.
Nutritional information per 1/3 serving: 60 calories, fat 0.5g, cholesterol 0g, sodium 270mg (11%), carbs 5g, fiber 2g, protein 10g.
OUR VEGETARIAN CHILI RECIPE
1. Thaw 2 pouches of Meatless ground according to directions. OR place 2 pouches in the microwave and microwave on 50% power for 1 minute.
2. Saute 3/4 c. diced purple onion AND 2 cloves chopped garlic in 4 TB olive oil using a large, non-stick pot.
3. Add 2 pouches Meatless Ground, defrosted – not frozen – to the onion and garlic mixture.
4. Pour a 20-24 ounce can of WHOLE TOMATOES IN JUICE and a 20-24 ounce can of DICED TOMATOES IN JUICE to the pot.
5. Drain 1 can of black beans and add to the mixture.
6. Stir spices into mix: 1 TB seasoned salt, 1/2 t. black pepper, 1/4 c. chili powder, 2 TB cayenne pepper (add more chili powder for stronger chili-flavor.)
7. Simmer on medium heat until heated through.
8. Serve over whole grain brown rice, if desired, with a microwaved bag of broccoli florets on the side and a glass of ice cold lemonade to drink.
9. The Yves website has many additional suggestions for recipes using Meatless Ground. This one looks yummy.
|Makes approximately 24 mushroom caps.|
|salt and pepper|
|24||mushroom caps, stems removed, washed and patted dry w/paper towel|
|1 tbs.||Italian spices|
|2 tbs.||roasted garlic, finely chopped|
|1 cup||green onions, chopped|
|1 1/2 c. Meatless Ground||Meatless Ground Beef|
|½ tsp.||cayenne pepper|
|1 cup||red pepper, finely diced|
|1 tbs.||Dijon mustard|
Pre-heat oven to 350°. Mix together all ingredients except mushrooms. Stuff mixture into each mushroom cap. Place mushroom caps on a baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes, until mushrooms are soft and tender.