Bacon lovers, rejoice! A new bacon-flavored appetizer is in town and this one is NOT fried! Prosciutto cup appetizers BLT-style are sure to get you and your guests drooling and asking for more. HINT: Make plenty to satisfy the hungry crowds.
Gather the following ingredients and make your own salty little cups of deliciousness and prepare crunchy, tasty, and unique prosciutto cup appetizers with full-on flavor that embraces your senses and taste buds with smoky, tangy, BLT flair.
You will need:
Ingredients for Prosciutto Cup Appetizers BLT Style
1. Two packages Prosciutto (such as Boar’s head brand) or Kroger Private Selection brand
2. 1/2 c. finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil)
3. 1/2 c. grape tomatoes, thinly sliced, lengthwise
4. 1/2 t. fresh chopped garlic
5. 1/2 c. fresh, raw baby spinach leaves or other such greens
6. 3/4 c. mayo (preferably olive-oil based)
1. Slice each sheet of Prosciutto into half, width-wise.
2. Insert each slice of Prosciutto into a mini-muffin tin THAT HAS been prepared with a spritz of non-stick cooking spray. Make certain that the bottom of each tin is covered by Prosciutto and that ends hang over to create a “cup” effect. BAKE at 350º for 15 minutes or until crisp…do not burn!
3. Remove Prosciutto cups from muffin tin and let cool on a paper towel-covered plate.
4. Mix together in a small bowl the mayo, sun-dried tomatoes and garlic. Place in a Ziploc-style bag and massage contents to evenly distribute. Cut a small hole in one corner of the bag and squeeze appx. 1 Teaspoon into each prepared Prosciutto cup. Keep a few diced sun-dried tomatoes to the side and add to mayo that end up without a piece of sun-dried tomato in the Prosciutto cup.
5. Place two small portions of leaf spinach or other green on top of mayo-mix.
Prosciutto Cups: BLT-style
6. Top with a sliver of cherry or grape tomato. Serve as-is and enjoy.